How to make delay in delivery of Shipment?
When you run a business, you will inevitably learn how to manage and prevent delays of shipment. But, before we can dive into the ways we can prevent these delays, we should first look at what causes them.
- Documentation Errors – These include problems like misspelt addresses, incomplete order forms, or insufficient information. Both the buyer or the seller could have made these mistakes.
- Logistical Problems – Figuring out the logistics might be a problem—especially for small exporters. It can be hard to manage all these orders simultaneously, and there is bound to be some mishaps.
- Weather – Bad weather, either at sea or air or land, can delay exports as well. You can’t do much to avoid this. But companies must look at weather reports beforehand and prepare for all possible contingencies.
How to Prevent Delays
- Ensure Quality before Production
Other problems that result in delays is reworking the goods and customs clearance issues. There is a quality issue, and the buyer is unsatisfied. So, the first step should be to evaluate the process. It doesn’t sound so hard. But what if that supplier’s company is overseas? Or you don’t know how to inspect the manufacture of the products?
The solution is this: Get a third party to audit the supplier. But, again, there are problems with this, as well. The chief one being, can the importer afford this?
- Fill up your Documents Correctly
Avoiding errors in your declaration forms, invoice, and other documents is one of the smartest ways to prevent delays. If your papers are not accurate, it can lead to customs agents withholding or rejecting shipments. It creates an obvious problem for buyers. So, check your work–once, twice, thrice. If you’re new in the industry, be careful and meticulous. Filling up these documents is pain-staking work, but it will get better in the future. But only if you learn to do it properly now.
- Hire a Good Freight Forwarder
Some countries are simply more complicated to work with than other countries. You will need to account for the bureaucracy, any dangers, possible criminal activity when doing business there. Thus, having a reliable freight forwarder becomes crucial. They will add more security and effectively deal with any legal or operational issue that arises. With the whole process, you can make the process more efficient, safe, and worry-free.
These are some of the most common ways to prevent delays. Do you use them? Are they helpful to you?